As the second phase of the projects starts, the YEIP partnership gives the opportunity to 9 young people (aged 18-24) from Portugal to participate in the project as young researcher.
The Data Collection process will last until October 2018, and will consist in:
- A One-day Research training for the 9 selected young people (March-April 2018), on basics of qualitative research (concepts, methodology and tools), what is youth-led research, value and risks, how to define research questions, principles of questioning, organisation of and interpretation of qualitative data, and case studies. The participants will receive a certification for this recognized training;
- – The organization and realization of a half-day focus group in the Municipality of Oliveira de Azeméis (April-May 2018), to address 20 students at school (Age 15-16) on marginalization and radicalization issues;
- – The conduction and analyze of 25 semi-structured interviews (April-June 2018) with a sample of young people at risk, at local, regional and national levels;
- – The contribution to the writing of a national study reporting the main findings of the data collection phase (June-September 2018), which will be published by IARS, as a YEIP product.
– Be resident in Portugal;
– Be between 18 and 24 years-old (exceptions can be made, upon relevance);
– Be available to actively participate in all the activities mentioned above, of the Data Collection phase;
– Speak Portuguese and English fluently;
– Candidates do not need to have the Portuguese nationality to apply;
– Candidates do not need to be students to apply;
1. Send the completed form attached, and a CV, to Aurélie Delater, Project Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Deadline: March 4th 2018.
3. Inova+ will examine the applications received and inform all participants about the outcomes of the first phase of the selection process.
4. INOVA+ will then select a short list of candidates for an interview.